INTUIT WEBSITE TERMS OF SERVICE
Thank you for selecting the Services offered by Intuit Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to as "Intuit", "we", "our", or "us"). Review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you and Intuit. By accepting electronically (for example, clicking "I Agree"), installing, accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then you may not use the Services.
A. GENERAL TERMS
This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the Intuit online services provided to you on this website, including content, updates and new releases, (collectively, the "Services"). It includes by reference:
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES
2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only
granted the right to use the Services and only for the purposes described by Intuit. Intuit reserves all other
rights in the Services. Until termination of this Agreement and as long as you meet any applicable payment
obligations and comply with this Agreement, Intuit grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive,
nontransferable right and license to use the Services.
2.2 You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services or content in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:
3. PAYMENT. For Services offered on a payment or subscription basis, the following terms apply, unless Intuit or its third party affiliate notifies you otherwise in writing. This Agreement also incorporates by reference and includes program ordering and payment terms provided to you on the website for the Services:
4. USE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Use of these Services may be available through a compatible mobile device, Internet access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
INTUIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
5. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You can view Intuit's Privacy Statement provided with the Services and on the website for the Services. You agree to the applicable Intuit Privacy Statement, and any changes published by Intuit. You agree that Intuit may use and maintain your data according to the Intuit Privacy Statement, as part of the Services. You give Intuit permission to combine information you enter or upload for the Services with that of other users of the Services and/or other Intuit services. For example, this means that Intuit may use your and other users' non-identifiable, aggregated data to improve the Services or to design promotions and provide ways for you to compare business practices with other users. Intuit is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of your own country to the extent permitted by applicable law.
6.1 You are responsible for your content. You are responsible for all materials ("Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. You grant Intuit a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use any Content provided through your use of the Services. Archive your Content frequently. You are responsible for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosures. Intuit is not responsible for the Content or data you submit through the Services.
You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
6.2 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum or other social features to
exchange Content and information with other users of the Services and the public. Intuit does not support and is
not responsible for the content in these community forums. Please use respect when you interact with other
users. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content
of third parties for which Intuit is not responsible.
6.3 Intuit may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that Intuit may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Intuit a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Intuit in any way.
6.4 Intuit may monitor your Content. Intuit may, but has no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, protect Intuit or its customers, or operate the Services properly. Intuit, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
7.1 Intuit does not give professional advice. Unless specifically included with the Services, Intuit is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, tax, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
7.2 We may tell you about other Intuit services. You may be offered other services, products, or promotions by Intuit ("Intuit Services"). Additional terms and conditions and fees may apply. With some Intuit Services you may upload or enter data from your account(s) such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, etc., to the Internet. You grant Intuit permission to use information about your business and experience to help us to provide the Intuit Services to you and to enhance the Services. You grant Intuit permission to combine your business data, if any, with that of others in a way that does not identify you or any individual personally. You also grant Intuit permission to share or publish summary results relating to research data and to distribute or license such data to third parties.
7.3 Communications. Intuit may be required by law to send you communications about the
Services or Third Party Products. You agree that Intuit may send these communications to you via email or by
posting them on our websites
7.4 You will manage your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for the Services and to contact Intuit if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve the Services. You agree to receive these updates.
7.5 Telephone Numbers. You may provide us with your telephone number as part of your customer record or registration or via other methods. You understand and agree that Intuit may use your telephone number for "multi-factor authentication" ("MFA"), to confirm your identity and help protect the security of your account. Part of the MFA identity verification process may involve Intuit sending text messages containing security codes to your telephone number. You agree to receive these texts from Intuit containing security codes as part of the MFA process. In addition, you agree that Intuit may send automated text messages and pre-recorded voice messages to the telephone number you provide for other limited purposes, including: providing you with important critical notices regarding your use of the Services, or fulfilling a request made by you through the Services.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY,"SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
8.2 INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET INTUIT SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE.
You agree to indemnify and hold Intuit and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). Intuit reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Intuit in the defense of any Claims.
10. CHANGES. We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time, and the changes will be effective when posted through the Services, on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part. Your continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to the changes.
11. TERMINATION. Intuit may, in its sole discretion and without notice, restrict, deny, terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services effective immediately, in whole or in part, for suspicion of fraud, security, illegal activity or unauthorized access issues to protect the integrity of our Services or systems and comply with applicable Intuit policy, or if you fail to comply with this Agreement or if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications. Upon termination you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect Intuit's rights to any payments due to it. Intuit may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, 3 through 15 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, including the mobile application, delivered by Intuit are subject to restrictions under applicable US export control laws, including US trade embargoes and sanctions and security requirements, and applicable country or local laws to the extent compatible with US laws. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations and will not export, re-export, import or otherwise make available products and/or technical data in violation of these laws, directly or indirectly.
13. GOVERNING LAW. California state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
14. DISPUTES. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND INTUIT ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Intuit Inc., in care of our registered agent Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road, Wilmington, DE 19808. Arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA's rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules, but if you are unable to pay any of them, Intuit will pay them for you. In addition, Intuit will reimburse all such fees and costs for claims totaling less than $75,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, Intuit will not seek its attorneys' fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your claims or defenses are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed location. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Section 14 shall survive expiration, termination or rescission of this Agreement.
15. GENERAL. This Agreement, including the Additional Terms below, is the entire agreement between you and Intuit and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without written approval of Intuit. However, Intuit may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an affiliate, (b) a company through a sale of assets by Intuit or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. If you want to request a transfer of this Agreement, contact Intuit via an email to: email@example.com.